Celtic Molecular Diagnostics is a certified supplier of MRC Holland Products in Southern Africa
MRC Holland offers MLPA (Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification) assays which enable high-throughput gene quantification for genetic screening. MLPA offers the following advantages:
- Results available within 24 hours.
- Differentiation of a single nucleotide.
- Up to 96 samples can be handled simultaneously.
- Easy to use and requires only a thermocycler and capillary electrophoresis instrument (sequencer).
- Rapid, high-throughput technique for copy number quantification of up to 50 DNA or RNA sequences.
MLPA assays are developed by MRC Holland in cooperation with academic laboratories around the world. By maintaining regular contact with MLPA users, MRC Holland scientists can rapidly incorporate the latest scientific findings into the product offering.
The current product offering includes probe sets for the following:
- Basic research
- Hereditary cancer
- Methylation analysis
- Prenatal and postnatal
- Tumour characterisation
- Various genetic disorders
- Neurogenetics and mental retardation