MRC Holland offers MLPA (Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification) assays which enable high-throughput gene quantification for genetic screening. MLPA offers the following advantages:
- Rapid, high-throughput technique for copy number quantification of up to 50 DNA or RNA sequences.
- Differentiation of a single nucleotide.
- Easy to use and requires only a thermocycler and capillary electrophoresis instrument (sequencer).
- Up to 96 samples can be handled simultaneously.
- Results available within 24 hours.
MLPA assays are developed by MRC Holland in cooperation with academic laboratories around the world. By maintaining regular contact with MLPA users, MRC Holland scientists can rapidly incorporate the latest scientific findings into the product offering.
The current product offering includes probe sets for the following:
- Neurogenetics and mental retardation
- Various genetic disorders
Related products : Primerdesign, Argene, Sacacae, MRC Holland, Invivoscribe